Whether you’re knocking down your existing home or you’ve secured a new block of land there’s plenty to consider but with the right support the process shouldn’t seem scary or confusing.
Building a new home, as opposed to an existing home or renovating, brings with it many advantages:
- You’ve got a blank canvas to create the type of home you really want as opposed to a renovation where you might have to make do with the structure that’s already in place
- A new home offers a modern, open floorplan where different zones of the home flow seamlessly together. Modern features such as walk-in robes, home theatres, alfresco areas and garages with convenient, internal access are all possible
- Everything’s new (obviously) and that includes the footings, the wiring and the plumbing so you won’t have to repair or replace anything in the near future.
- Expect to hear the word Council a lot – When it comes to building a home, your local council is king. Your house plan will be lodged with council and may take 4-6 weeks for it to be approved.
- Find out exactly what’s included in your builder’s quoted price. Does your builder’s price include site costs, BASIX, a driveway, floor and window coverings, flyscreens, a TV antenna or a dishwasher? Ask for a comprehensive list so you understand what extra costs you may encounter.
- For more tips on building your new home, click here for our 10 things to consider when building your dream home.
For information and ideas on building your dream home contact us. We would love to meet with you onsite to discuss your new home.